Values and Goals
- We generate and share new knowledge and ideas.
- We always act with integrity and honesty.
- We promote health and well being of our community.
- We get results.
- We are accountable (We do what we say “we will do").
- We are determined (We get the desired results).
- We are committed to constant improvement.
The PPO.CICU team "as health care providers” is aware that preventing disease is at least as important as treating illness, consequently patient care is as important as advocacy program. We all share the common goal to make the sick child well and to secure a healthy future for families.
Patient rights and advocacy
As a patient in the pediatric PO. CICU, he has the right to:
- Be identified correctly, called by name.
- Receive a smile and loving care.
- Be given careful evnd nurses.
- Have basic needs met e.g. to be aluation and prompt treatment.
- Know names of his/her doctors aclean, dry, safe, comfortable.
- Have a basic schedule for tests, procedures that do not keep one hungry.
- Cry, make noise and object to any thing that hurts.
- Be told what's happening and to have any questions answered honestly
- Have confidentiality about illness.
- Be discharged from the hospital as soon as possible.